HSPDP Topics 2019-20
Claremont Debate and Leadership Communication Institutes Summer Topics
• The atomic bombing of Hiroshima was justified.
• The US should rewrite the US Constitution every 25 years.
• The US should adopt a national ID card.
St. Margaret’s Episcopal School Invitational/Orange County Championship
• Non-disclosure agreements do more good than harm.
• Abolish antitrust laws!
The Webb Schools Invitational
• California should secede from the United States.
• On balance, device encryption is a threat to investigative powers and national security.
• Public universities should give admissions preference to students declaring a STEM major.
• Non-citizen permanent residents of the United States should be eligible to vote in federal elections.
Rancho Mirage High School Invitational/Desert Valleys Championship
• The US should adopt a net wealth tax.
• In the US, public sector unions do more harm than good.