WORKSHOP/CAMPUS TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE
Workshop, Saturday, September 9
Workshop, Saturday, September 30
Workshop, Saturday, October 14
November and December workshops will be held online.
Online workshop, Monday, November 20
Online workshop, Wednesday, November 29
Online workshop, Tuesday, December 5
Workshops for members of the IPDP will be held at the Claremont McKenna College (CMC) campus. Regional workshops and online training will be available for students residing outside of Southern California.
To attend a campus event and begin IPDP training, students must (1) complete all IPDP forms, (2) pay annual registration fees, and (3) register by 6:00 PM one-week in advance of a scheduled workshop. This provides time to secure facilities and staff. (If an event is scheduled for September 22, for example, the registration deadline is September 15, 6:00 PM). Simply email John Meany, email@example.com, to register. Please include the subject line, “IPDP Reg – Name/Date of Event.”
If an event will have pre-announced motions, they will be announced on this site 2-6 weeks prior to each workshop or tournament. All other debates feature impromptu motions.
STANDARD SCHEDULE – Workshop
Unless noted, the following schedule is the same for all live workshops.
- 9:45-10:00 AM Arrival
- 10:00-11:30 AM Argument Clinic
- 11:30-1:00 PM Round 1 Pre-announced Debate (no prep time prior to debate)
- 1:00 PM Lunch (please bring your lunch – debate prep continues during lunch)
- 1:15-2:30 PM Argument Clinic
- 2:30-5:00 PM Impromptu Debate (45-minute preparation prior to debate)
- 5:00 PM Dismissal
STANDARD SCHEDULE – Tournament
Unless noted, the following schedule is the same for all one-day, local tournaments.
- 8:45-9:00 AM Arrival
- 9:00-9:15 AM Introduction/Initial Preparation
- 9:30-11:00 AM Round 1 Pre-announced Debate (no prep time prior to debate)
- 11:00-12:30 PM Round 2 Pre-announced Debate (no prep time prior to debate)
- 12:30-1:00 PM Lunch (please bring your lunch – debate prep begins during lunch)
- 12:45-2:45 PM Round 3 – Impromptu Mini-Debate (30-minute preparation prior to debate)
- 3:00-5:00 PM Round 4 – Impromptu Mini-Debate (30-minute preparation prior to debate)
- 5:15 PM Awards
- 5:30 PM Dismissal
STANDARD SCHEDULE – Online Workshops
2.5 hours, beginning at the scheduled start time.
CAMPUS DIRECTIONS AND PARKING
Please arrive at Bauer 21, Claremont McKenna College, for all same-day event registration unless otherwise noted. SESSIONS WILL BEGIN PROMPTLY. Bauer 21 is located in the south wing (circular wing) of Bauer Center. The building is located at the east end of the campus, the first building on the left when entering the campus from Claremont Boulevard between Foothill Boulevard and 6th Street. Parking is available in the lots on the left of the street and adjacent to Bauer Center.
Please bring a lunch, as there will not be significant breaks during a workshop or tournament.