The Middle School Public Debate Southwest Championship will be held at Mount San Antonio College in Walnut, CA on Saturday, April 27. More than 135 teams are expected to debate in the event.
High school debaters in the HSPDP are eligible to judge. You may register to judge by emailing Maya Kurkhill, email@example.com, or Katie Na, firstname.lastname@example.org, by Wednesday, April 24, 9:00 PM.
The middle school tournament features outstanding debating on a broad range of pre-announced topics. This year’s topics include:
- Expand Social Security to provide an adequate retirement.
- The US President should serve a single 6-year term.
- Facial recognition technology does more harm than good.
- Autonomous weapon systems do more good than harm.
- Eliminate farm subsidies!
- The First Amendment should not protect lying in campaigns and elections.
Hope to see many of you at the 2019 regional middle school championship!